Friday, May 14, 2010

I = skxawng

Skxawng is Na'vi for moron...

So today I took off at 3pm to catch a 3D session of Avatar at the movies... to get away for an afternoon and spend some time alone. Butterfly's Dadda was home to take care of her...

I was pretty excited I must say. I have only been away from Butterfly a handful of times since she was born, and this would be the longest time so far... only possible because she is down to one nap a day, and SHOULDN'T technically need boob for a few hours!

I bought my ticket, and put it in my wallet. Then I went and got some maltesers from Woolworths (to save me $100) and then went to the candy bar for popcorn and froke. By the time I got to the guy at the front I had my hands well and truly full! So the poor kid had to deal with me loading up his station with my food while I fumbled for my ticket... finally I handed it to him, and he gave me the 3D glasses which I crammed into my bag. Yeah, I know, this is all very mundane but it is relevant, trust me...

I sat in the theatre all excited, eating popcorn and updating my facebook status on my phone. Finally the ads were over and the message comes up... "Put your 3D glasses on NOW"... so one handed I feel in my bag for the 3D glasses and put them on.

So the movie starts... and it is all fuzzy. I take the glasses off. Its fuzzy. Put them back on... its darker but still pretty fuzzy. "Well this is CRAP!" I think, either they haven't turned the 3D "on" yet, or the guy at the front gave me faulty glasses! But that doesn't make sense? I must have watched the first 10 minutes of the movie before deciding to go and ask the guy at the front what is happening. I take the glasses off. I have a closer look....

And burst out laughing!! Take me out the back and shoot me now... I was wearing my Sunglasses! What an IDIOT!! What a SKXAWNG!! I sat there giggling at my own idiocy, the other people in the cinema must have thought I was a nutcase. My husband is still shaking his head over it... oh man, baby brain strikes again!

So I thought I had seen Avatar on Blueray... I hadn't seen it at all! It is a totally different movie in 3D!! WOW is all I can say! I thought 3D meant stuff came flying at you from the screen, I wasn't prepared for the beauty of seeing a Pandoran forrest as though I was there... WOW. If you haven't seen it in 3D and you can spare a few hours, check out whether or not your local cinema is still showing it, you won't be disappointed!

I managed to chew through a large popcorn and frozen coke, and a whole bag of maltesers! I won't tell you how large the bag was... you will be disgusted at the extent of my gluttony! Have you ever gotten "movie mouth"... where your mouth is sore from chewing for two hours straight?? No? Err... no... me either...

Avatar is a 160 odd minute movie... I lasted 115 minutes! I got a message from my husband asking how long till it finished, as Butterfly was getting grizzly and continually signing for milk. He said to finish the movie, that they were fine... but I couldn't do it! I stayed for 15 minutes, all the time not paying attention and thinking of my baby, and when a Na'vi woman walked across the screen holding a tiny blue baby, that was it for me! I had seen the ending anyway. Sure, not in 3D, but I wasn't enjoying myself anymore... Mumma was comin home bubba!

I would have been home 5 minutes earlier, but it was the first time I'd driven hubby's car and I couldn't for the life of me find how to turn on the headlights... see? SKXAWNG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment