Monday, December 13, 2010

The year that was...

So...



Didn't we ALL get suckered into buying one of those "Baby Keepsake" books, to write all their milestones in? What a WASTE OF MONEY! I never had enough time to sit down and answer all the set "questions" in it... there was too much emphasis on what date which tooth came in, and not enough room to write in all the cute things Butterfly did! I was writing a daily diary through pregnancy also, but that became too time consuming once there was a babe in the house.



SO!



I made myself a personalised diary using my FAVOURITE Momento software! I use it to keep track of appointments, but also to jot down little things that I don't want to forget. Yes, when a tooth comes in I write it down, but I mainly write short notes about funny things that Butterfly said or did!






Here are some sample entries...
January 20, 2010: Things that are very funny to a 7 month old: "Pointing a remote control at her and saying, Beep Beep!" and "Jumping out from behind a wall with a Bongo drum"
February 10, 2010: Butterfly took one "crawl step" forwards... then two back!"
April 7, 2010: Butterflys current favourite song is "Telephone" by Lady Gaga and Beyonce... when it comes on the radio she stops what she is doing and bounces on her bum!
May 28, 2010: Butterfly can now say "ssss" when she sees the snakes and "owm" when she sees the cats!
June 28, 2010: Butterfly learns to sign, "toilet"
August 19, 2010: Butterfly took a STEP!
August 30, 2010: Butterfly was having some milk, pulled off, blew on my nipple as if to cool it, and kept feeding!
November 4, 2010: Butterfly can now say her own name, she points to herself and says, "Do...ssie" is ADORABLE!
Its really good to try and write down the little things... we think we will remember them but we won't! I know, because if I don't write in my book for a week or so, and try to go back and fill it in later, I can never remember what happened :S (sometimes I resort to backtracking through status updates!)
You don't even have to have a personalised diary to do this, but I like it because its an extra incentive to hold onto it forever...
You can check out momento by clicking here. Its super easy to do, just download the free software, design your own diary, photobook, calendar etc, upload it to the website and then you can order it!
Have fun making some awesome memories for 2011!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the cooling of the booby milk LOL
    What a beautiful gift you have there in Joss :)
    Here's to another year of fantastic keepsake memories.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is soo gorgeous!the nipple one,bahahahaha!love the book idea,wish i had written more stuff down when they were younger...

    ReplyDelete